I was here on the Hyderabad Foodies weekly event. The ambiance and interiors are done to perfection. The combination of colors red and black is my favorite and I was very impressed with the way they utilized these colors. You would find a lot many sticky notes on the walls appreciating their cuisine. Now lets talk about the food, we had a preset menu.
The menu goes like this;
- Chicken Spinach Soup - this is creamy spinach soup with corn and chicken. I usually stay away from soups, but after everyone going gaga over it, I had to try and it did not disappoint me. It was tasty and creamy yet not too thick. You can feel the flavors of spinach very distinctively. After a very long time I had a wonderful soup.
- Smoked Chicken Pizza - the pizza is not like the regular pizza you get elsewhere. It is very thin and their own style pizza yet little crunchy to taste. It is supposed to come with smoked chicken topping and believe me I hardly found anything on the pizza, this was a disappointment but the cheese and fresh green pepper corns was a welcoming taste. If not for the quantity of chicken I would have enjoyed it more.
- Chicken Bruchetta, as a short eat was a nice and tasty one but would have liked if the bread would be crunchier. The chicken and cheese was perfectly done.
- Spinach Ricotta Croquettes, again another short eat was by far one of the best of the day.
- Tomato & Basil Bruchetta, it is also a short eat and it was very refreshing, especially the basil which added a different flavor. I did like this one.
- Chicken Fricassee is from the main course, served with Chicken, Carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli etc) in white sauce. This was well done with the creamy texture and taste of the dish was very fascinating.
- From the Desserts I had Chill Stone Ice Cream Creation it was done well, my choice was chocolate and nuts. It was very nice.
- I had tasted Hazelnut and chocolate tart. This is one of the worst dessert I ever had. The tart was rock solid and you need a hammer to break it down. I brought this to the notice of the chef and he did give me a reason but I was not satisfied with it. When you pay for good food, you are not here to take their reasoning why it went wrong.
- I also tried the Mango Cheese Cake, thanks to fellow foodies, this was more like a souffle and mousse and pudding but no way close to be called a Cheese cake. But the flavour of the Alphonso mango was amazing. For the sake of the Alphonso mango I had it else I would have given it a skip.
- The other items disappointed most of the foodies and I did taste couple of them and I was very unhappy with them.
I ended my meal with drink, I asked the hostess (Sarana) to get whatever she felt good, and it was nice and I am pleased with the combination.
I appreciate Ms. Sarana, Ms. Kim and Mr Praveen for putting a lot of effort to remember our foodies and serve their order from the preset menu; it was really a test for their memory. I thank the entire team for putting an effort to make this a successful event. The service was a little haywire due to two parties going side by side and as usual their regular guest pouring in which also added to their woes.
I suggest the management to look into this area and improve their efficiency to satisfy more customers.
Overall I am delighted but not totally content with food. The food portions were little disappointing and few were out of taste. The tables and chairs are neat and tidy. The cutlery is perfect. Parking is not an issue. Rest rooms are hygienic. I would re-visit this place to get my second opinion.
Food Quantity 2/5
Food Quality 3/5